[Typo3] Subject: Re: working with database in Typo3

Vlatko Šurlan vsurlan at net.hr
Thu Sep 1 16:40:37 CEST 2005

Mohammed Al-Mansari wrote:
> Hi,
> thanx Valtko, you don't have to wait till cows come
> home;-) your answers seem to put me in the right
> direction...
> as you can see my questions have nothing to do from a
> typo3 develpoer perspective, I am just a user of this
> application;-)
>

>>For example if you used typo3 to create
>>a site about atoms and you would like to
>>get typo3 to display a database that you
>>created to model atoms you would need to
>>write an extension for that.
>

> that's the point, should "database that you created to
> model atoms" be created and manipulated using Mysql or
> I can keep my "atoms model" as is in DB2 and the
> extension can deal with?
>
> thanx again for your answer!
> Moha

I think the very best thing for you to do, in order to get concrete and
helpfull asistance is to write a very concrete and helpful info on what
are you working on, what are you expecting of typo3 to do for you and
what data you have so far in your databases. For example this is a very
informative question:
I have a db2 with info on atoms. I need to use typo3 to display it on
web and let surfers leave comments on every atom, I also need to give
some top secret, never to be mentioned in public, Russin nuclear
scientists ability to edit the atoms info.

This kind of question can be answered very directly and even some
extensions suggested (though I hope noone would help folks developing
mass murder weapons...). While you have made quite a, no offence
intended, vague inquiry with almost no relevant data. You need to tell
us what you need to do in much more detail.

--
Isus Krist je umro za moje i tvoje opravdanje.
Jesus Christ died for yours and mine justification.