[Typo3] Subject: Re: working with database in Typo3

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Thu Sep 1 13:20:46 CEST 2005

Mohammed Al-Mansari wrote:

>[...]
>
> that's the point, should "database that you created to
> model atoms" be created and manipulated using Mysql or
> I can keep my "atoms model" as is in DB2 and the
> extension can deal with?
>
> thanx again for your answer!
> Moha

Depends how you extension will communicate with the "atom-server":
1) direct: does your installation have "direct access" to the DB2-Server
you can use any Db-abstraction layer to deal with that

2) any services available: SOAP, XML-RPC?

So it's up to the development to decide which is the best solution.

Regs. Peter