[Typo3] UTF-8 rendering problem

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Oct 31 14:04:25 CET 2005

Hi!

Sven Wilhelm wrote:
> anyone a solution for utf-8 rendering problems?
> Seems that the content is converted 2 times.
>
> I configured utf-8 global for backend and frontend.
> But in the frontend german alphas are rendered wrong.

I use utf-8 on all my sites (language similar to German) with typo3
3.7.0. and 3.8.0, never had such problems. Can you give more information
about your setup? Do you use classic templates, MTB or FTB? If you check
source code if generated HTML, what do you see for German letters there?
Does your HTML include meta-charset information?

Dmitry.