[Typo3] userfunc does not manipulate

Carlos Rodriguez carod at nospam.org
Mon Oct 31 12:57:48 CET 2005

Hi all,

i have a datastructure like the following. It's just a normal linkfield.
<field_imagelink type="array">
                                 <type>attr</type>
                                 <tx_templavoila type="array">
                                     <title>Image link</title>
                                     <description>Image link</description>
                                     <sample_data type="array">
                                         <numIndex index="0">Image
link</numIndex>
                                     </sample_data>
                                     <eType>link</eType>
                                     <TypoScript>
                         <![CDATA[
	10 = TEXT
	10.typolink.parameter.current = 1
	10.typolink.returnLast = url
         10.typolink.userFunc = user_image->main

                         ]]>
				</TypoScript>
                                     <proc type="array">
                                         <HSC type="integer">1</HSC>
                                     </proc>
                                 </tx_templavoila>
                                 <TCEforms type="array">
                                     <config type="array">
                                         <type>input</type>
                                         <size>15</size>
                                         <max>256</max>
                                         <checkbox></checkbox>
                                         <eval>trim</eval>
                                         <wizards type="array">
                                             <_PADDING
type="integer">2</_PADDING>
                                             <link type="array">
                                                 <type>popup</type>
                                                 <title>Link</title>
                                                 <icon>link_popup.gif</icon>

<script>browse_links.php?mode=wizard</script>

<JSopenParams>height=300,width=500,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1</JSopenParams>
                                             </link>
                                         </wizards>
                                     </config>
                                     <label>Image link</label>
                                 </TCEforms>
                             </field_imagelink>

Your attention is required for the TS part! ;-)

with 10.typolink.userFunc I call my personal userfunc to manipulate the
link which is put around the image. When I put debugs in my functions
they are shown, but the return value does not appear in the sourcecode.

I also tried to change the 10=TEXT to 10=USER but then nothing is shown.

What am I missing?