[Typo3] a strange question for me

Tim Riemenschneider lists-05 at tim-riemenschneider.de
Mon Oct 31 11:25:56 CET 2005

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> zsl vincent wrote:
>
>>Hi,sorry about that i can not find the instructions how to enable
>>GD/FreeType in PHP manual,and to be honest i am not very familiar with
>>PHP,so do you know if there is a tutorial or something like that in the
>>internet whick i can read about how to solve this problem.
>>thank you so much
>

> Well, this involves recompiling of PHP, if you can you should better ask
> someone else to do it. If there is no anyone, you will have to learn how
> to do it thorugh PHP manual. This does not involve PHP coding but
> downloading of some libraries and recompiling them.

Hi vincent,
another question is where did you get php from?
 From your error-message I can see that you use Windows.
Here it is not that usual to compile the tools (apache, php, etc.)
yourself but to use precompiled versions. So the question is, where did
you get them from / which "distribution" do you use, since there are
serveral packages out there with Apache/Mysql/PHP for Windows...

A friend of mine, who also uses Windows, used XAMPP as server for
typo3 (see http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html ), so it should work.

cu
   Tim