[Typo3] sr_feuser_register 3 basic questions

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Mon Oct 31 05:17:26 CET 2005

Hello everyone,
I have two basic questions about sr_feuser_register (Front end User
Registration) that I've not been able to find answers to. First this
is a great extension which appears to do almost everything I was
looking for!

Now, my two questions are:

1) How does one change the names of the "Receive news on any of these
subjects?" list: Subject 1, Subject 2, etc. It looks like one way is
to change typo3cont/ext/sr_feuser_register/locallang_db.php. This
works for changing the front end web page and the user record. But,
everything in Web->Plugins->Directmail is either stuck at "Cat 0" or
in some cases "Category 0" is described by the string I entered in
the "Module Configuration" section of my direct mail system folder.

Is there one place where all of these names can be set? I'm concerned
that as a new user I'm doing the wrong thing by editing
locallang_db.php. It would also be nice if what was in Direct Mail
and sr_feuser_register matched automatically.

2) Is there a way to have the user registered by default for some
news categories?

3) One of the features I was looking for was a way for an
administrative person to create accounts for people. The INVITE
feature of sr_feuser_register is close to what I want, but, what I
don't understand is why the person creating the account has to pick
the password and then the password is displayed encoded in the invite
email. In this case it appears that the INVITED user will not know
what the password is.

Is there a way to either let the invited user create their own
password when they confirm they want to join, or, should I be picking
a standard password and then changing the INVITE template to use that
password? What I dislike about the template solution is that it opens
up an opportunity for typing errors between the standard password in
the template and what the person doing the inviting actually puts in
the password fields.

Thank you,
Eric