[Typo3] Copy a Typo3 installation - Is it possible?

Meik Schmidt schmidtsmeik at gmx.de
Wed Oct 26 11:23:39 CEST 2005

Alexander Heidl wrote:
> Why bothering? I think it is far easier to just place a fresh source package
> on the new server. Make a database dump and copy all relevant files across.

Ok, in this way you must do some changes manually but it could work.

> On the new server just create the db from the dump and run the installation
> tool again. That should be it apart from the tweaking. Then check for the
> installed extensions to be the same then before. Db compare in inst tool
> will tell you.

Dc compare tells me which extensions are missed?

> Btw, what do u mean with 'the old backend appears'?

If i type http://192.168.111.57/idp/typo3 (the new web) i will be
forwarded to http://192.168.111.57/web_template/typo3/alt_main.php (the
old web). Both installations use the new database.

Is there any other possibility to copy a typo3 installation or is this
the best?

Thx a lot!

Meik Schmidt