[Typo3] Install via Fantastico

Bill Alexy bill at psiberware.com
Wed Oct 26 02:04:13 CEST 2005

Doug Meade wrote:
> Just installed via fantastico.
>
> Seemed to install ok.
> (at least it SAID it did)
>
> Frontend has the Typo3 standard "no page has been
> created here yet" type page.
>
> But the admin area (the /typo3 dir) gets a 500 error.
>
> Anyone else have problems like this with fantastico?
> (or have any idea what I should look at?)
>
> Thanks!
> Doug
>

> __________________________________
> http://mail.yahoo.com
Hi Doug,
I never really liked the fantastico install because it assumes certain
settings and permissions that just might not be friendly to your
webhost's requirements, besides if you ever want to upgrade, fantastico
will overwrite all your old files. Blah. More hassle than it's worth.

My host, which is site5.com is pretty strict about permissions. If
everything is opened up to 777 I'll get a 500 error, but chmode all
folders to 0755 and files to 644 and all is fine. Find your error logs.
If you're using cpanel you can check them from there and you'll see more
specific information regarding your 500 error.

The best solution, however is to install a dummy or quickstart package.
After decompressing your files all permissions should be fine.

Your best resource is your host. Check with them and see what they suggest.

Regards,
Bill Alexy