[Typo3] Anyone using htmlcssstyling template in a single-tree multi-lingual site ?

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Oct 25 13:14:46 CEST 2005

/* Re-sent without PGP signing as this list appears to reject RFC2015 emails
*/

Hi all,

I've been using Typo3 to build a new site designed to help people with Autism
advertise their capabilities to the world (http://www.auties.org/) and I've
been asked by the committee to look into making it multi-lingual.

I read the page about multilingual sites and felt that the new single-tree
method was the best way to do it and keep my sanity, but I'm using the
htmlcssstyling extension/template and using the method that is on there
doesn't seem to give me any joy.

A case-insensitive grep through the template seems to show no hits for
language or even lang!

I'm a complete novice to Typo3 (though I've got a fair amount of Linux and
UNIX experience) and I've muddled through OK so far, but this has me stumped.

My guess is that I'd have to patch the template to add this support, but I'm
rather hoping that someone out there can say "oi, you silly man, all you need
to do is X" (where X is preferably rather simple!).

all the best,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP