[Typo3] RealURL troubleshooting guide?

Michael Baker mbaker at pobox.com
Mon Oct 24 16:58:14 CEST 2005

Alex Heizer wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>
>You'll need to edit 3 things:
>1. Your .htaccess file, located in your public_html directory. It is
>documented within the file, so just look for the lines that refer to realURL
>2. Your localconf.php file. You can edit this from within your install tool.
>3. Your Template Setup field within your main template.
>
>Place this code at the top of the Setup field of your main template
>(don't include the "snips"):
>
><---snip--->
>
>config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0
>config.baseURL = 1
>config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
>config.prefixLocalAnchors = all
>
><---snip--->

OK, I've done that.  This was my problem.  I'd followed the manual, but
the manual just says to put it in the template - did not say which
section, so they looked like constants so I put it in the constants section.

BTW what does config.prefixLocalAnchors = all do, its not mentioned in
the manual.

>Then, add this code to your localconf.php file (don't include the
>"snips"), it includes the code to make the News plugin realURL-friendly:
>
><---snip--->
>
>$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['addRootLineFields'].=
>',tx_realurl_pathsegment,alias,nav_title,tit
>le';
>
>$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl'] = array(
>    '_DEFAULT' => array(

[snip]

>    ),
>);

I have not done this, it did not appear to be necessary.  Whatever I put
in localconf.php from following the manual seems to have worked.
However I will study it later to see what it does.

Michael.