[Typo3] Typo3-english Digest, Vol 25, Issue 128

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Fri Oct 21 22:05:36 CEST 2005

Stephen Page wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I see others have had this problem as they have mentioned it in other
>forums but I am now having the problem and would really appreciate
>some help.
>
>I have a gap of around 60 pixels at the top of the main content page.
>
>It only appears on the main page not on any others and there is no
>actual content meant to be above my first bit of text on the web page.
>
>Take a look at www.promopicker.com and you will see what I mean.
>
>The gap is so bad I am having to seriously consider scrapping Typo3
>which I do not want to do as in other areas it meets my needs exactly.

It is hard to diagnose with this little amount of info. But it could be
the HTML for that frame, or the CSS. Also, if you have multiple
templates set up in T3 for the site, it could be a small difference
between that frame's template setup and the other(s).

A suggestion that often works for me is to give the tables a border of
1, one at a time, to see where the browser thinks the table rows and
cells should be. With nested tables, the gap could be anywhere.

If you can post some more info about your setup (how many HTML
templates, how many T3 templates, etc.) it may help narrow down the
possibilities.

Alex