[Typo3] site dimensions - best resolution

Gerald Fränkl | atic typo3 at atic.de
Thu Oct 20 17:10:01 CEST 2005

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Koehler schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> I just wanted to see what the community thinks is the best resolution
> to  develop a website for. I would like to keep everyone happy, but one
> of my  current sites is made for 800x600, but it's so small!! I would
> love to go  at least 1024x768 to fit more stuff on it.

For business sites 1024x is fine, most of the users use 1024 oder even
much more.
Have a look into your logfiles, maybe the monitor resolution is logged.

Another point: why don't you use em instead of px?
Have a look on my new personal page (see the signature): everything
except the pictures is "em-sized": excellent on 1024 upwards, good on
800x600 and even readable on 640.

--
:-) Gerald
http://www.gerald-fraenkl.de