[Typo3] switch off <link> tags

Sander van Mil sandervanmil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:35:50 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I have a page with blocks of newsitems (see the blocks on the bottom
of the page on http://kidsweek2.werkinuitvoering.nl/kidsweek) Which I
use as teasers, to content on the website, or outside the website. To
display the teasers I use tt_news in the LIST mode.

Currently I have a problem with links. You can see there are 2 grey
blocks which are called "Commercie". These blocks should contain a
link outside the website. This image is inserted in the RTE
(htmlArea). When I than place a link on the image, the page is
rendered with a <LINK>-tag instead of the normal <A HREF="">Link</a>
tag.

I've searched, and read that these are Typolinks. I prefer the regular
old links, so I would like to know how I can switch these typolinks
off. If I look in the database the links are stored already as <LINK>.
So is it the RTE than, that makes Typolinks of it?

Thanx in advance.

Sander