[Typo3] Changing <h1> wraps

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:13:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 18/10/05, Amir Mualem <amir219 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Christopher wrote:

> >>That makes sense, if I wanted to change the headings globally to the
> >>same thing.. however, there are parts of my site that use the text page
> >>content with a different header style.
> >>
> >>Take for example this page:
> >>http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/redesign/index.php?id=61
> >>
> >>In that page, there are TWO text pagecontents; one in the center (ie,
> >>'Our History') and one in my right column (ie. 'Support Us').
> >>
> >>I would like both of these titles to have a DIFFERENT wrap.
> >>
> >>In the center column I would like plainly <h3></h3>.
> >>
> >>In the right column I would like <div class="menu_title"><h3></h3></div>.
> >>
> >>Here is my typoscript for the right column:
> >>
> >>lib.right_nav = COA
> >>lib.right_nav {
> >>stdWrap.wrap = <div class="rightnav_content">|</div>
> >>     stdWrap.required = 1
> >>     10 < styles.content.get
> >>      10.select.pidInList = 78
> >>      10.select.orderBy = sorting
> >>}
> >>
> >>--
> >>
> >>My center content is an FCE.
> >>

> > This is a job better left to css than to a cms. Set your template up
> > something like this (radically simplified) example:

> > <h3>foo</h3>

> > <h3>bar</h3>
> >
> > ...and then add some css like this to your stylesheet:
> >
> > #leftColumn h3 {
> > color:#fff;
> > background:#f90;
> > }
> >
> > #rightColumn h3 {
> > color:#f90;
> > background:#fff;
> > }
> >
> > If you need something like this to be different on different pages
> > (i.e. a given column's appearance changes from page to page), add an
> > id to the body tag of the page and do the css like this:
> >
> > body#foo #leftColumn h3 { /* Styles */ }
> > body#bar #rightColumn h3 { /* Styles */ }
> >

> > -Christopher
>
> Hmm, thats a good idea however it leaves less flexibility.  What if all
> of a sudden, I want the titles on the right column to be <h4> or
> something even totally different, maybe just <b> - how will I be able to
> edit that?

In that case, just change lib.stdheader.10.x or whatever. That's the
_advantage_ of this method. You can just use the CMS to output very
generic markup and 'target' specific markup in specific areas using
css so that there's no need for crufty markup like "<div
class="menu_title">". The point is that you set your templates up so
that the various parts of the layout have ids (which you seem to have
done), then use them to style individual parts or sections of a page.
The markup can be the same in each section and yet still look very
different...

-Christopher