[Typo3] Primary Danish newspaper group contracts Escenic Content Management software

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Oct 18 19:36:35 CEST 2005

Hello Gabriel,

> ------------------------------
> " JP/Politikens Hus A/S has signed a contract with Norwegian software
> provider Escenic to deliver the next generation web publishing
> solutions
> for its three national newspapers Politiken, Ekstra Bladet and
> Jyllands-Posten.
> ------------------------------
> My thoughts were, "This should be TYPO3" not that TYPO3 should have
> been the software used (it should have of course... where is the
> national loyalty here) but that this type of press release needs to go
> out every time one of the consultancies finishes a decent size
> project. We need a press release engine in the community!
>
> --gabe

Fully agree, and the idea is communicated to the communication team/marketing
team in the association. Besides Germany (and some other European countries),
it's a problem that TYPO3 is an unknown product and a lot of customers don't
even see the product as an alternative. And they are choosing expensive commersial
solutions who has only some of the functionality.

But I think both Sander and Sabina sees the point, and some ideas/solutions
will emerge in the future.

OT: As Norwegian i don't mislike a Norwegian company having success abroad.
Escenic is also very well branded among newspapers.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no