[Typo3] stuck after install on XP

Jim Ewing ewing_jim at talk21.com
Mon Oct 17 21:42:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have XP/Wamp setup as my testserver that I use for
development work (live is linux).

Installed quickstart, testsite and dummy packages.
I can get FE OK in quickstart and dummy(Ok so no
page,just default typo3 msg)I get missing extension EV
msg on testsite.

In the BE I get
sql errors in quickstart (see my earlier unanswered
post for details), missing extension EV in testsite,
and a login page for dummy, that wont let me login
with default admin password or any created user/pw
combo however I can see all users in mySQL.

I have redownloaded and reinstalled the lot by the
book and get the same errors, one thing I have thought
is that typo3 doesn't like fat32 partitions.
Is this the case? I cant find any help re partiton
formating within typo3 lists or site, so think this is
not the issue as I have other test sites that use
mySQL and PHP OK which leaves me stumped for an
answer.

Hope someone can take the time to help.

thanks

Jim