[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:16:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:58:31 -0500, Rahul Dewan <lists at srijan.in> wrote:

> Most New Age publications talk about Humanistic values which are
> integrating for the world. Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. are all based on
> universal values of love and compassion  which is not different from
> Jesus's message in any way. And New Age is about Humanistic values. And
> in case, I start publishing things against, conservative and
> shallow-minded approach of people around the world, I would probably
> have to face ridicule from the Typo3 association or some lobby at Typo3
> - this is a thought, that scares me.

I don't think anyone will riducule you. I am a Christian and won't do
that, no worries. If you do publish anything that goes against the bible
though, don't expect any help from me.
But making fun of you or being 'mean' in any other way is never the right
thing to do.

> So, will I be ridiculed for thinking that we are children of the same
> God, and all ways lead to the same God?

As I said, no. But please consider this: You say all ways lead to the same
God. Jesus said He is the only way to God. So either He is right, and He
is the only way, or it is as you believe: all ways lead to God. These
ideas contradict each other, so not both can be true. I think that's worth
looking into, just to find the truth.

> Also, why must I have to believe in God at all (I think athiests with
> humanistic ethics are often better), for loving Typo3 and using it, to
> campaign against, say, Bush's war in Iraq - who will stand judge that
> this is extreme political campaign or no. I must say, I love Typo3, and
> would continue to use it, without having to be bogged down by my
> conscience.

You don't have to believe in God. You can believe whatever you want, and I
for sure won't tell you otherwise. Make sure what you believe is true
first.
And again, Kasper's wish is not binding at all. You can use TYPO3 for
whatever you wish.

> Thanks,
> Rahul Dewan

Christoph Koehler