[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Mon Oct 17 18:07:27 CEST 2005

> I don't think anyone will riducule you. I am a Christian and won't do
> that, no worries. If you do publish anything that goes against the bible
> though, don't expect any help from me.

> As I said, no. But please consider this: You say all ways lead to the same
> God. Jesus said He is the only way to God. So either He is right, and He
> is the only way, or it is as you believe: all ways lead to God. These
> ideas contradict each other, so not both can be true. I think that's worth
> looking into, just to find the truth.

I am a very active Christian. I love Typo3 and had not previously been
concerned about the moral wishes that Kasper states.

Meanwhile, outside of the Typo3 community, I have received many emails from
people in the public who claim that parts of my life and Christian teaching
are "against the bible."  This is the nature of religious life -- that
people disagree and sometimes even call each other names about it. Sad but
true.

I have previously assumed that, even as Christians, Kasper and I may
disagree on many things (including what is "against the word of the Bible").
However, I have trusted that such disagreements would not hinder my ability
to participate productively in the Typo3 community.  (I am still learning
how I will be most useful given my skill levels)

---> Christopher, your note suggested that you might not respond to
technical posts from people whose websites you don't like (incl. Rahul, me,
Dimitri, and probably others).  Is that what you mean when you say "don't
expect any help from me"?

When I write a note to this list and don't get a response, should I be
considering that people have researched my content and judged me as
"anti-Christian" or "against the word of the Bible"?  I ask this as a
Christian, publishing Christian websites, for Christians!

---> Say we are talking about some problem with tt_news and I mention the
URL of some website I maintain that advocates a Christian teaching that you
(or Kasper) might disagree with.  This could be about homosexuality, about
war, about the death penalty, about abortion, about resurrection.  Whatever.
Should I expect our Typo3 conversation to be interrupted by a theological
lecture/rant from you, like the one you just gave Rahul?  Is this
appropriate?

If Kasper's morals clause gives Christopher permission to use this list to
offer "Please consider this" theological arguments, then perhaps I will need
to rethink my participation.  I think this is just the kind of harassment
that Rahul may be concerned about!!!  Because of Christopher's note, I am
now concerned about it as well.

I am interested in what the rest of the community feels about this -- not
just Christopher's opinion...

Chris