[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Gabriel Anast gabriel at anast.org
Sun Oct 16 23:00:20 CEST 2005

I know I am going to look like an idiot for posting in this flame-fest
again... but I think there is a very important point about Kasper's
wishes that is being overlooked. Um, THEY ARE HIS WISHES. Get it?
Wishes? Like as in, not a license or any part of a license?

OK, Kasper believes in a god. That god happens to be Jesus Christ.
Kasper loves that god and has dedicated his life's work to that god.
Fine. Every other person has done the exact same thing... whether that
God is oneself, Allah, Aliens, or John Kerry... Who knows? I don't
care... Some people tell me who their God is, some don't... and I really
don't care (in a pragmatic sense) who your god is.

On a completely different level, Kasper has dedicated his life's work to
the people of Earth. Freely and EXCLUSIVELY through the very open
license, the GPL. That includes whining atheists!

As regards his release of software under the GPL, he can bring legal
pressure to bear against any party that misuses his software as concerns
the terms of the GPL.

As regards his god, there is no court on Earth that can or will defend
his wishes that his software not be used for hate or exploitation. The
only one who might be able to enforce his wishes is the very one to whom
he has dedicated his software: his god.

The bottom line is, if you are afraid of Kasper's god, then simply make
a request, like this: "Dear Kasper, Please un-dedicate your life's work
to/from your God, I am afraid of him, and I'm not sure what he will do
to me since I exploit young girls to make money."

If, on the other hand you really are an atheist... then quit whining and
build your damn porn site. Its really annoying to hear this incessant
moaning and griping about the plainly expressed, simple public sentiment
of one of the best programmers ever to grace God's green er... Darwin's
green Earth.

Stop yer whining, and code.

--gabe

PS: I completely agree with Joey's sentiments here: