[Typo3] Typo3-english Digest, Vol 25, Issue 81

Nikos Kottaropoulos nikos65 at otenet.gr
Sun Oct 16 14:44:11 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem.

I want to put some content in my multi language site, in Greek. I've turned
the language in the user setup in Greek (in an older installation I had done
s.th. else in order to achive greek to appear in the RTE, but I can't
remember. can a.o. help with this?), and now when I write greek in the RTE i
get greek after the save button (and not special characters). BUT, I don't
get greek on my web page. More exact I input this: ξκξκξ and I get this:
îêîêî -  (îêîêî).
I checked the databases and my text has been saved there properly in greek
characters. What is going wrong? config.metaCharser = iso-8859-7 is also in
my setup field of the template and it appears in the source of the webpage
as well. the content is not sent right from the server to the browser.

Thanx
Nick.