[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Karl Klammer karl.klammer at gmx.de
Sun Oct 16 10:51:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

why do you consider Simon a troll? I think there are some important aspects
to his post:

I don't think that the mere existence of a 'moral license' would hinder the
distribution of TYPO3 outside Europe. However, tiying this license to
religion opens up a cultural gap. Just try to imagine a muslim installing
T3. Placing pictures of Jesus in the install tool can be considered very
offensive, and this is a totally unnessary attempt of missionizing.

Personally, I agree with most of the contents of Kasper's wishes. And I
think, we all know what is meant by "extreme political propaganda". And
that he is not trying to force anybody to do anything. But in connection
with the fact, that Christianity has grown quite extremistic in itself over
the past years (at least in some countries - just remember the debates
about teaching 'intelligent design' in schools as equivalent to the
evolution theory), this might actually turn a lot of people off. And not
necessarily the people you wanted to be turned off in the first place, but
those people who have a problem with a CMS being closely connected to some
random religion.

Again: I don't think Kasper uses T3 to spread his faith in whoever, but it
might just give the impression to those who scan Typo3.org. And that's not
worth it. I think, a mature community should be able to discuss these
questions. And maybe, there could even be an agreement on a moral license
backed by the community as a whole. Okay, maybe that's naive... :)

Regards,
Karl