[Typo3] Some feedback to TYPO3 marketeers

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 02:02:11 CEST 2005

On 15/10/05, Dimitri Tarassenko <mitka at mitka.us> wrote:
> On 10/15/05, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A year or so ago, I was preparing to bid on a project that I'd have
> > liked to use Typo3 for; the site was  in what I perceived to be a grey
> > area with respect to Kasper's preferences, so I asked him about it.
> > His response was (paraphrased) "Thanks for asking, I don't agree with
> > that, but go ahead if you like and just don't tell me about it." _I_
> > didn't want to do that, so I wrote the proposal for the project with
> > another system in mind (the point being that the decision was up to
> > me).
>
> In other words, when you, as a professional, were required to make the
> best choice based on technical merits acting on behalf of your
> prospective client and (possibly) your employer, you chose to base
> your opinion on YOUR personal moral beliefs? I am not sure our
> European friends are familiar with the case, but this sounds very much
> like those pharmacist refusing to fill subscription for the
> contraceptives.

You can't be serious -- this is a _very_ poor piece of reasoning Dimitri.

-- You assume there was only one 'best' technical solution for the
project I was competing for: false (Typo3 has the occasional weakness
you know...)
-- You imply that it would be sound practice to exclude one's own
ethical concerns from business decision-making processes: false
-- You claim (you said "required") that I had no choice in the matter: false
-- You equate my choice to use one software package instead of another
to bid in an open, competitive process to the actions of paternalistic
phamacists interfering in a doctor-patient relationship: false,
insulting and trivializing of the latter issue.

-Christopher