[Typo3] Integrate Typo3 in Windows XP

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Oct 15 12:56:59 CEST 2005

Hi Andreas,

> Then it would be nice, if the BE Users would be able to upload pages from
> word, because the users who should write pages have not really the time to
> learn how typo3 works.

This is not possible yet but might be a side-effect of the WebDAV
implementation.

Currently, there is only support for importing Word 2003 and OpenOffice.org
SXW files...

> You know, the best way would be, if they are able
> just to write Typo3 Content elements like doc files in Windows.. - but
> even that could be too difficult for them..

It's the same like driving a car... ;-)
I think it's not our problem if they are too stupid...

> (just image some old people
> who never used a computer and you say, "just click here and there and
> everywhere.. press that and this key here and voila your new article" :)

They can do all of this but just need to fiddle around with a new tool
besides the Windows desktop.

If these people don't even know what a browser is, I really doubt if they
really want to have their own website...?

> They wouldn't understand anything.. So it has to be easy..

Windows is easy. That's probably why so many people do things without
thinking about it. Just think about all these viruses which would never
spread that fast if people wouldn't click on the attachments all the time.

Well, maybe this is OT, but it's the reason why I think that too much of
easiness is dangerous...

> Any solutions?

My suggestion: Let these people send you their word files and offer a
service for them to manage the publication on the web.

Not a technical solution, but a very easy one...

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out