[Typo3] Integrate Typo3 in Windows XP

Andreas Balzer newsgroups at andreas-balzer.de
Sat Oct 15 10:35:26 CEST 2005

Hi!
I just write under your comment..

"Michael Scharkow" <mscharkow at gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1129303010.2625.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Andreas Balzer wrote:
>
>> Then it would be nice, if the BE Users would be able to upload pages from
>> word, because the users who should write pages have not really the time
>> to learn how typo3 works. You know, the best way would be, if they are
>> able just to write Typo3 Content elements like doc files in Windows..
>
> Well, they are not BE users at all then, right? How is this supposed to
> work? You upload some word file to some server, than the server reads the
> users minds and processes the file in some way? How's that even TYPO3
> related if you don't want people do use TYPO3?

ADD by Andreas Balzer
Well, they are BE users. They have the possibility to write, edit and delete
their own posts in their own structure in Typo3. They could do that in BE
and in FE. However. I think they wouldn't have the time to understand how
it's done.. ..and i don't have the time and money to give them all a manual
or to tell them all how it's done. Well.. an easy (has to be really really
easy, with lots of images..) manual which tells them how everything works,
doesn't  really exists. (and i'm talking about 200-300 users)

So i thought of the problem. As we all know, it's possible to write a page
in Word. Copy that with STRG+C and paste it via STRG+V into the Rich Text
Editor of Typo3. In general, Typo3 gets that text and converts it into HTML.
Then you may be able to delete that Word codes with an extension of the Typo
RT editor.

Then you can save your document..

So, my question is, if it's possible to have a wizzard in Word, which shows
your structure in Typo3 and gives you the possibility to
upload/download/write/edit and delete your documents, which the wizzard
would converts from Word files into HTML (or clearly said that database
files Typo3 uses..)

It would be a lot easyer for the users, because they already know how Word
works..

>> - but even that could be too difficult for them.. (just image some old
>> people who never used a computer and you say, "just click here and there
>> and everywhere.. press that and this key here and voila your new article"
>> :) They wouldn't understand anything.. So it has to be easy..
>>
>> Any solutions?
>
> Let the users upload their word files to some server via ftp (I'm sure
> that's simple enough in XP), possibly in some directory structure (if you
> can get your users to understand that), let a cronjob recurse through the
> directories and and convert doc-files to html.
ADD by Andreas Balzer:
Until here it's exactly that what i need..

> Then insert some menu code (gathered from the directory structure) into
> every HTML file. No TYPO3 needed.

ADD by Andreas Balzer
but i need Typo3.. because only a cms can organize all that contents i need
to provide..

> Greetings,
> Michael

Greetings,