[Typo3] templaVoila for a newbie ?

cdecrozant | AMP cdecrozant at audio-media-productions.com
Thu Oct 13 14:43:23 CEST 2005

Hi,
I've just discovered Typo3, it looks impressive ! Once again the open
src community did a very great job ;-) !!!

I'm an intermediate webmaster, with some php coding and design skills.
I've been assigned a mid-sized website project with a lot of bells and
whistles (newsletter, ads, news, rss feed input.) and our client decided
that Typo3 was the best option, and I agreed with that.

I just installed it and read "getting started", "modern template
building part1".
I also ordered the book from the Typo3 team, I hope it'll help !
I'm currently reading "Futuristic Templace Building" : TemplaVoila.

The currently available version of TemplaVoila is newer than the
tutorial one.
And it's in alpha stage.

So, I wonder if basing our project (I got 2 months and a half to
complete it, including gfx design, server install.) on TemplaVoila is
the right move for me. Should I use the classic Typo3 template instead ?
Is it wise to develop this project on TemplaVoila ?
Will the current TemplaVoila templates stay compatible with TemplaVoila
1.0 ?

I need your wise advices :-)

Thanks.

Cedric.