[Typo3] menu item image gets cut off or truncated

Vincent typo3 at crel.us
Wed Oct 12 19:03:31 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:26:38AM -0700, Christopher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12/10/05, Vincent <typo3 at crel.us> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > This might be considered an install issue.  I am not sure.
> >
> > On standard static templates such as "RE", that generate a gif image for
> > menu items, the menu items are getting truncated if they are more than
> > just a few characters long.  For example, if I have a page named
> > "dialog", it truncates the menu item to "dial" and part of the "o" is
> > visible.
>
> Check to see if they're all the same length - if they are, then you
> should be searching for a) a constant in the template module that's
> constraining the length of generated graphics, or [more likely] b)
> settings in the GMENU in question limiting the length of the menu
> items - use the TS object browser to check.

No, they vary in length.  The longer the page name is, the longer the
the index image is, but it always truncates part of it if the name is
3 characters or more.  It seems to truncate more as the name gets
longer.

For example:

I created 6 pages named 123 to 12345678.

123:    About a third of the 3 gets cut off.
1234:   The 4 is completely missing but the 3 is complete.
12345678:   Shows 12345.  678 is completely missing.