[Typo3] menu item image gets cut off or truncated

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:26:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 12/10/05, Vincent <typo3 at crel.us> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> This might be considered an install issue.  I am not sure.
>
> On standard static templates such as "RE", that generate a gif image for
> menu items, the menu items are getting truncated if they are more than
> just a few characters long.  For example, if I have a page named
> "dialog", it truncates the menu item to "dial" and part of the "o" is
> visible.
>
> Does anybody know what would cause this?  I assume it is some kind of
> graphics rendering problem.  I went over all the settings under "Image
> Processing" in the install tool and everything seems to display
> correctly for all the tests except for one.  The first test, "Combine
> using a GIF mask with only black and white" is inverted so the green
> mask is at the top on the server, but at the bottom on the reference
> image.  I tried changing the settings for im_negate_mask/im_imvMaskState
> but it had no effect.  I don't know if this could be related to the menu
> entry image rendering problem.
>
> I am running:
>     typo3-3.8.0
>     ImageMagick-6.2.3.0
>     gd-2.0.33
>     NetBSD-2.x
>     apache-2.0.54
>
> However, the menu items have the same rendering problem on my hosting
> site running Linux which us running a little bit older versions of
> ImageMagick and apache-1.3.x.

Check to see if they're all the same length - if they are, then you
should be searching for a) a constant in the template module that's
constraining the length of generated graphics, or [more likely] b)
settings in the GMENU in question limiting the length of the menu
items - use the TS object browser to check.

-Christopher