[Typo3] accessible font size?

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Mon Oct 10 14:49:10 CEST 2005

> I think that's up to the browser and correct design css of the
> webdesigner.
> With most website if I press <ctrl>+ then I get bigger fonts easely...

Yes, but if much of the website audience is not saavy to technology -- many
will be using AOL (very challenging to change font sizes) and others will
not know about how to change font sizes (just clueless and may not stick
around long enough to learn).  AOL browser in particular defaults to a tiny
font size, which is off putting for those people.

Putting a small "Font +" and "Font -" button or link on each page that will
change font sizes for you would help to reach those people -- and also add a
"wow!" factor to the website.

AOL is a sad reality... but it's one we have to live with.  I'm guessing AOL
is mainly a U.S. phenomenon, so this may not be as significant of a factor
in other areas of the world.

Chris