[Typo3] typo3 SSL encrypted pages and login

Vincent newsposting1 at crel.us
Sun Oct 9 01:18:40 CEST 2005

Vincent wrote:
> I was hoping to find a way to encrypt logins without having to encrypt
> the rest of the site.  However, when I enable SSL on the login page,
> once logged into the frontend it continues to redirect all sub-pages
> to the https address.  Also even after logging out, the whole site
> stays in https encrypted mode.

Update:

I discovered it is not actually encrypting the whole site.  Rather,
just the left frame with the index.  If I hover the mouse over the
links in the index, they show as https URL's but when I click on one,
it is actually an http url.  Then once I log out, the left frame stays
encrypted.  It appears that the whole site is encrypted because the
location bar still shows an https url but If I load the main (right)
frame in a new window, it is actually an http url.

When I log out, the left frame stays encrypted.  Is this a bug?

--
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!
Read how Network Solutions (NSI) was involved in stealing our domain name.