[Typo3] typo3 SSL encrypted pages and login

Vincent newsposting1 at crel.us
Sat Oct 8 07:57:50 CEST 2005

Hello.

I am a typo3 (and cms) newbee.

I can find very little discussion or documentation for typo3 relating
to SSL encrypted logins and pages.  I found the httpsenforcer
extension, installed it on the quickstart site for testing, followed
the instructions, and it seems to work.

I was hoping to find a way to encrypt logins without having to encrypt
the rest of the site.  However, when I enable SSL on the login page,
once logged into the frontend it continues to redirect all sub-pages
to the https address.  Also even after logging out, the whole site
stays in https encrypted mode.

Turning on SSL on other pages, other than the login page, seems to
stay osolated to the one page as I would expect.

Is there any way to have it only encrypt the login data without
continuing use https for all sub-pages after logging in?  In some
cases I would want the entire session to stay encrypted, but it would
usually not be necessary when the login and password is the only data
that is sensitive.

--
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!
Read how Network Solutions (NSI) was involved in stealing our domain name.