[Typo3] tt_news multilanguage

Roel Beckers rbeckers at inther.nl
Wed Oct 5 14:11:49 CEST 2005

Roel Beckers Wrote:

> Francois Suter Wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > A workaround may be, to store language specific news into specific
> > > folders. Then setting the folder pid in the TS language conditions.
> >
> > That does the trick, but you lose the advantage of the translation
> > relationship...
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > François Suter
> > Directeur technique
> > Cobweb Development Sàrl
> > www.cobweb.ch
>
> Thanks for the answers.
>
> If I use categories per language I've got other problems. When i then have a newsitem which will be available for all languages and like to delete one I need to do the same handling (deleting the item) for all languages...
>
> Cheers

I think I found a solution. I dived into the code and made the following change to class.tx_ttnews.php

line 1028

was:
$selectConf['where'] .= ' AND tt_news.sys_language_uid IN (0,-1)';

changed to:
$selectConf['where'] .= ' AND tt_news.sys_language_uid IN ('.$GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_language_content.',-1)';

This seems to work well. Is there anybody who thinks this will cause problems?

Cheers