[Typo3] md5 password extensions

Jay Austad austad at signal15.com
Wed Oct 5 08:29:53 CEST 2005

I noticed there are a few different modules for enabling md5 password
hashing in the database.  One of them is specifically for migrating
users from another database which stores its passwords in hashed
format.  Another one appears that it only works to enable md5 in
"superchallenged" mode.

The KB MD5 FE Passwords extension is the one that uses
"superchallenged" mode.  If I migrate users from another DB that have
their password only hashed once, is this going to work with the KB
module?  This module appears to have the most functionality, but I
need to authenticate against the old hashes in my other database.
Has anyone tried this?  The documentation for it does not mention if
it does what I need.

~jay