[Typo3] Is TYPO3 used in amarica at all

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Oct 4 17:46:39 CEST 2005

Patrick Gaumond wrote:

> 1- TYPO3 is not made in USA.

Neither is Ruby on Rails which has been hyped to death this summer and
really seems to spread a lot faster in the US than elsewhere in the
world (see
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/WorkingProfessionallyWithRails)

> 2- TYPO3 use weird date format.

Okay...

> 3- TYPO3 prefer UK english and has lots of mistakes.

That's because we do very much lack native speakers in almost every part
of the development: Most of the core devs are non-English native
speakers, as are most of the bug fixers, as is most of the marketing
group etc.

> 4- Open Source is communism.

Well, there are successful (it seems) OSS web apps in and from the US,
like ZOPE or all the blog software.

> 5- You will keep your client with a custom made CMS, not with a CMS wich
> is free(beer and money) to use.

How is this different in the US than anywhere else? And especially: Why
do canadians make up such an enormous proportion of American users?

> Also, the fact that there was no English book available made it look too
> much like a minor software. Now it's corrected.

Although there's still room for more books like here in Germany
(although there's lots of crap books as well).

Cheers,
Michael