[Typo3] Is TYPO3 used in amarica at all

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 4 19:05:35 CEST 2005

 >> 2- TYPO3 use weird date format.
 > Okay...

yeah its because the Americans have it backwards to the rest of the
world ;-)

 >> 3- TYPO3 prefer UK english and has lots of mistakes.
 > That's because we do very much lack native speakers in almost every
 > part of the development: Most of the core devs are non-English native
 > speakers, as are most of the bug fixers, as is most of the marketing
 > group etc.

Ok, valid point - to a point. But two years ago when I first started
getting involved and using typo3 I put on my profile that I was willing
to help with documentation.  And in the two years I've been here not
once has anyone ever mentioned there being an initiative to have serious
hard core corrections to current documents made, or to have them
'Americanised'.  So although I probably couldn't do much to help write
extensions for the community as a whole I would have gladly helped in
the respect to error proof the documentation.  And as far as American
english verses British... well having grown up in Canada (a former
British colony) I have the advantage of being well versed in both forms
of 'english'

 > Why do canadians make up such an enormous proportion of American
 > users?

No idea but its mildly interesting isn't it?  One possible reason is the
mixture between the two social-economic systems of Europe and America.
Canada has a bit of the American consumerism and culture and a bit of
the European (it is a country founded from British and French colonies)
social awareness and culture perhaps...