[Typo3] Is TYPO3 used in amarica at all

Bill Alexy bill at psiberware.com
Tue Oct 4 17:24:08 CEST 2005

>>> 2- TYPO3 use weird date format.
>>

>> "i" before "e" except after "c" or when used as in "a" like neighbor
>> or weigh.

Sorry, I stand corrected on that one.

> Do Ad Agencies don't mind about creative layout ? (I'm asking a serious
> question, even if it looks a bit like sarcasm. That's the problem of
> leaving in a 20% french country).

Don't know, but I'm sure it's got something to do with the bottom line.
To me Ad Agencies have never been about creative design, but more about
brokering media deals and drawing up ads on strict guidlines. I haven't
experienced an Ad adgency that is production savvy either, they seem to
go the path of least resistance, even if it means undisciplned design
production.

> The topic about the "not made in America" was discussed in the TYPO3
> Marketing  mailing list months ago by an American ! At that time
> Michelle confirmed an impression that I had.
>
>> I think the main point is that Americans are very pragmatic and are
>> not early adopters of technology.
>

> Maybe. On the other hand T3 is not for my Mom and Dad. Would it be
> strange that IT people are not early adopters ?

I think Gabe's comments below hit the nail on the head. I deal with
comments like "Is PHP as stable as ASP" all the time.

> And if you ever ate a burger at one of those "Quick" (that's the name!)
> fast food in Paris you would  know that there's something worst than a
> Big Mac...
LOL

> Considering history, it looks like TYPO3 had an article in a german
> magazine (iX) in 2001 and that was the starting point of the love story
> of TYPO3 with germans. Do you think that an article in a Ziff-Davis
> publication would give the same effect ?

I think you make a good point about press releases, but that is
different than book publishing.

> What could be done to help spread the word in USA ?
I think it's happening now at a grass roots level. Again Gabe's comments
are very insightful into this. Why not more press releases?

> Patrick

Regards,
Bill