[Typo3] Is TYPO3 used in amarica at all

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 18:25:31 CEST 2005

Joining this discussion a little late but I think the reason Typo3 is
not as popular in the US is the same reason Midgard isn't...[A] not an
easy system to start hacking away! This is of course in addition to
the many other things that have been mentioned earlier. [B] The user
groups (in mu case individuals) are quite spread out and that to an
extent does make a difference in building a good momentum.

I myself would have gone with Midgard but for the hundreds of
extensions Typo3 community provides. The PHP group I'm involved in has
quite a few Drupal fans did I argue Typo3 with them not really since
they feel that their job gets done better with Drupal and we know how
fanatic open-source users (including myself) can sometimes get : ) I
didn't go with Drupal because it just doesn't seem enterprise even
though it has been argued otherwise.

As for the 6 reasons listed earlier I don't agree with ANY of
them...seems like Patrick really doesn't understand the nature and
origin of the open source movement and I won't argue his points here.
(I will say that those 6 reasons could be applied to MANY enterprise
open source projects.)

Marlies, Matthias and others make good points about the availability
of resources in english and also have to say ahoy ahoy to Ries who
mentioned the Typo3 IRC were I hang out on occasion (more than  post
here atleast) and has been quite useful. (Decent place to start for
templating > www.mediatech.net)

As Gabe mentioned would anyone be interested in having pseudo-official
North American snowboarding this year and would this help organize the
T3-NorthAmerica?

But I have to disagree with some of Gabe's ideas since they seem to
make Typo3 accessible to non-enterprise markets which is good and bad
and I refuse to analyze my thoughts on this right now : ) If I want to
blog I'll install MT or WP ~ Typo3<>Blog BUT there is a blogging
extension already >
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/timtab/

This has been really useful conversation but there is a chance it'll
all be for naught if we don't follow up. Any ideas...I short on time
this week but if anyone can come up with some ideas and if you are
interested get on Typo3 Marketing >
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-marketing
to discuss (a better list for such discussions?) I just signed up
(it's not a newsgroup so it had missed me!).

Cheerio and all that,

~