[Typo3] EXT: sg_glossary <LEX> tag not working in bullet points?

Dave Green DGtypo3 at aikonmedia.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 21:05:32 CEST 2005

Bing Du wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The proble we have with the Extended Glossary extension is
> <LEX>keyword</LEX> does not work in bullet points in a page (CType:
> text, text w/ image, etc.).  <LEX></LEX> show as they are in browser.
> Keywords are not coverted to a link pointing to the word's definition in
> a popup window automatically.  <LEX> tag works fine in regular text.
>  Kinda weird.
>
> Anybody using sg_glossary have seen such a problem?  Any fix?  I also
> contected Stefan who is the author of sg_glossary.  No response yet.

Hi Bing,

I'm afraid I've had exactly the same problem. <LEX> links work fine in
paragraph text and refuse to work in bulleted lists. Sadly, despite much
hunting through the source code and mailing the list twice, I had no
response and coun't find the answer. I suspect that the problem is not
diretly in the plugin, but to do with the transformation as the page
comes OUT of the database. Since the plugin has no problem with parsing
tags inside tags (nested blockquotes are fine), I came to the conclusion
that the problem is that something is blocking the plugin from getting
at list <UL> & <OL> tags specifically. Something is blocking that
particular transform. I tried every variation I could find in RTE
settings to turn off the block but with no result. At that point, after
2 months of hunting I gave up.

If you get an answer or find a solution, I'd really like to know as the
writers for my education website use bullted lists everywhere.

Best wishes
David Green