[Typo3] Dynamic params for beforeImg in TMENU

Christian Kalkhoff me at ninan.info
Mon Oct 3 11:28:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

i try to construct a text menu consisting from images. See this code:

    topmenu {
        1 = TMENU
        1 {
            NO {
                beforeImg.import = fileadmin/ninan.info/images/menu/
                beforeImg.import.field = media
                beforeImg.import.listNum = 0
                beforeImgLink = 1
                doNotShowLink = 1
                beforeImgTagParams =
onmouseover="switchMenu(this);showStatus('{$temp.1}');"
onmouseout="switchMenu(this);hideStatus();"
            }
        }
    }

As you can see i abuse the before image to build the menu without
showing the text content. I coded a javascript function "showStatus"
that renders a layer with information about the underlying link when you
go over the image with the mouse.
My problem is the content of that layer. I want to retrieve the value
title and description and render it to "[title] • [description].
Unfortunally i have no clue how to get that content into the onmouseover
param.

The beforeImgTagParams is only string (without stdWrap) and i found no
way to access the stdWrap properties of the generated img tag.

Does anybody has any clue how to get what i want?

Regards,
Christian