[Typo3] dropdown_list_menu bug?

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Mon Oct 3 01:40:57 CEST 2005

I installed the dorpdown_list_menu extension this evening and when I
used it I got a "> at the beginning of every menu item. It looks like
these are left over from the link generated by Typo3 (or maybe Real
ULR). I'm not sure if the problem is specifically with this extension
or some other configuration, but, the solution I found was to modify
the extensions source in the following way.

function getHref ($linkTag) {
     /* new code (edb)*/
     $patterns = array ( '/.*<(A|a) (HREF|href)="/',
                                       '/">/' );
     return preg_replace($patterns, '$3', $linkTag);

     /* old code */
     /* return preg_replace('/.*<(A|a) (HREF|href)="(.+(\.html|\.php)
}

I'm very new to php and Typo3. Can anyone tell me if this
modification and it's justification sound reasonable?

Cheers,
Eric