[Typo3] security: close your directories

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Sun Oct 2 22:43:01 CEST 2005

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:

> As long as apache is parsing php files it is not possible to view the
> content, isn't it?

Thousands of smaller TYPO3 sites are running on shared hosts. I share
the experience that you may see more than you should of the other
accounts, if you only use the appropriate tools. Apache isn't the only
access to a file.

The other point is, that apache under circumstances tends to deliver
even files with .php extension in sourcecode. I have seen that several
times myself. It isn't nice if db access passwords are presented to the
world in such a direct way. Store passwords in protected directories if
even possible.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain, Portugal,
Austria, Swiss, France, ...