[Typo3] Why I this code invalid?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 00:13:12 CEST 2005

On 01/10/05, Martin Bless <m.bless at gmx.de> wrote:

> Nevertheless, the Typo3 generated output produces 3 errors, all of
> them in the header or body tag surrounding the actual content.
>
> One thing is, I think, this shouldn't happen.
>
> Q: And on the other hand, how can I fix it?

Typo3 produces ONE error - the other two appear in the results because
the closing slash ('/') in the meta element prevents the validator
from being able to correctly parse the document. As for your question,
when you have a page that doesn't validate, the first question should
ALWAYS be 'what change(s) to the html would make it valid?' Typo3 (or
any other site-building tool) only comes into the equation AFTER you
have answered that question...

In any case there are only two options; and since the trailing slash
in the meta element is hardcoded (unless it's changed in 3.8.0...),
you have no choice but to change the doctype to an xhtml variant. The
answer, like virtually _all_ answers about how Typo3 websites render
html can be found in the TS Reference or TSref:

http://www.google.com/search?q=tsref+%2B+doctype

-Christopher