[Typo3] Why I this code invalid?

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Sat Oct 1 22:29:48 CEST 2005

On Sat, 1 Oct 2005 12:07:15 -0700, Christopher <bedlamhotel at gmail.com>
wrote:

>To solve problems with invalid html, your only recourse is to learn
>how to write valid html instead.

Yes, sure. But in this case I'm asking: Why does *Typo3* produce this
invalid code?

I should have taken a better - that is to say - simpler example. Let's
say all there is in TS is:

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.10 = TEXT
page.10.value = HELLO WORLD!

page.20 = TEXT
page.20.value = <a href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer"
target="_blank">VALIDATE</a><br />

To find at:
http://www.magno-sanol.de/index.php?id=719

It's just one TEXT element added to the Typo3 default template for a
new website.

Nevertheless, the Typo3 generated output produces 3 errors, all of
them in the header or body tag surrounding the actual content.

One thing is, I think, this shouldn't happen.

Q: And on the other hand, how can I fix it?

Martin