[Typo3] type3 and international standards (W3C, Accessibility Standards)

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Nov 29 10:01:57 CET 2005

Hi!

seml at symbulos.com wrote:
> we are extremely interested in generating websites that are
> compliant with international standards, in particular W3C
> (X)HTML, W3C CSS, Accessibility Standards, as  Section 508,
> WAI.

Than you came to the right place :)

> How does typo3 manage compliancy with standards?

Very good.

> 1) If the templates are compliant with the above mentioned
> standards, are the generated pages compliant with the same
> standards?

Parts taken from template will be compliant (you will need to tell typo3
what HTML version you use though). For content - see below.

> 2)Is there a way to force compliancy with international
> standards, so that the content added by users is formatted
> in a way that is compliant with the standards?

Not sure what you mean by "formatting".

> 3) Is there a way to force users to use only tag structure
> compliant with any of the above mentioned standards
> (including forbidding the use of non compliant / deprecated
> tags, properties, attributes, structures)?

Yes, you have a total control over it if users use RTE (runtime editor).
You can define what tags that can use, styles, etc.

> 4)Is there a way to force typo3 to reformat pages in order
> for them to be compliant with any of the above mentioned
> standards?

Again, what do you mean by this?

* * *

I am not sure about accessibility features (never had to make such web
sites) but I think it should be a problem too.

Dmitry.