[Typo3] "Page is being generated" if the traffic grows

Volker Hielscher volker at hielscher.ws
Sun Nov 27 08:31:07 CET 2005

Hi,

we have the problem that the message "Page is being generated" comes up
15-60% of the requests if the traffic grows up.

We made a performance test with 5 dual cpu webservers and one database.
in the case of making 2 requests per machine a time ( 5 * 2 ) we have the no
wait messages.
If we use 4 requests per machine we have 5% wait messages in the result
with 5 requests we have 15% and with 10 requests we have 60% !
We load allways the same 5 Pages. The cache is on.
Normaly i expect a bahavior that the first requests could generate a wait
page buit after a small amount of time no wait time should be displayed
because the pages are in the cache !

What could be the reason that the pages are not coming from the cache ? For
generating the load we use jmeter.

Regards
Volker