[Typo3] Typo3 and Linux (and "philosophical" problems with typo3 adoption)

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Nov 25 15:47:50 CET 2005

seml at symbulos.com wrote:
> On Friday 25 Nov 2005 14:06, Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:
>
>>- working RTE (cross platform) installable via extension
>>(TYPO3 term for plugins, modules... whatever you like
>>better)
>

> On the documentation says RTE is not cross platform bu only
> works with MS Internet Explorer. I am pretty confused here.
>
> Is typo3 RTE cross platform or does it only work with MS
> Internet Explorer? Could you please help me out?

sure thing.
There is a RTE extension called "RTE" which is based on IE5.5+ with
ActiveX enabled.
This extension is shipped with TYPO3 by default and it is rather old (~4
years).
In the meantime the need for a cross platform RTE came up.
There is a good RTE replacement called "htmlArea".
However, you will have to install it manually (about 4 mouseclicks and
no administrative knowledge needed).
This extension will become the new default RTE in the next TYPO3 release
thus removing the old RTE (the windows based one).

Things cleared up?

all the best
Mathias

--
if ($GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['ahnung'] == 0) {
	$this->fresseHalten = 1;