[Typo3] Can't connect to online extension repository

Juha Sipinen juha.sipinen at kolumbus.fi
Sun Nov 20 22:14:11 CET 2005

I just get a blank page with just /**/ in it.  I have "allow_url_fopen" [in
php.ini] set as "on" so that's not the cause of the problem.

Basically I am trying to get external URLs to open in the same frameset
rather than a new page, and I am trying to install "Inline frame (flexform)"
plugin from the repository but I can't connect to it.  This plugin would
inserts an IFRAME to display content of another URL inside the page.

Is there any other way to force external URLs to open in the same frameset?

Here's what I am doing:

1. Create a new page (menu item)
2. Type is "External URL"
3. The URL is, for example  <http://www.google.com> www.google.com but it