[Typo3] Clean up unused data in database

Dirk typo3user at gmx.net
Fri Nov 18 22:49:59 CET 2005

Hi Ben,

>>>Look in the extension repository. I remember KJ Recycler but there are a
>>>number of such extensions.
>>

>> "KJ Recycler 2005" doesn't look into (at least) sys_todos and sys_todos_users_mm. The alternatives "Clean Database" and it's sibling "MK Wastebasket" however do show deleted elements in those tables (they're correct, there are some).
>> Does anybody know if there's a reason for hiding sys_todo*?

-- ?

>> TIA,
>> Dirk
>>
>> Another question: how to get rid of tables created by extensions that are no longer active?
>
>Hi Dirk,
>
>When you do a compare in the install tool under 'Database Analyser' you
>can find tables that you can drop of no longer active extensions.

There are quite some tables I'm hesitant to delete; for example these:

Removing tables (rename with prefix)
	ALTER TABLE static_taxes RENAME zzz_deleted_static_taxes;
Records in table: 35
	ALTER TABLE sys_todos RENAME zzz_deleted_sys_todos;
Records in table: 1
	ALTER TABLE sys_todos_users_mm RENAME zzz_deleted_sys_todos_users_mm;
Records in table: 1
	ALTER TABLE sys_workflows RENAME zzz_deleted_sys_workflows;
Records in table: 1
	ALTER TABLE sys_workflows_algr_mm RENAME zzz_deleted_sys_workflows_algr_mm;
	ALTER TABLE sys_workflows_pubuser_mm RENAME zzz_deleted_sys_workflows_pubuser_mm;
	ALTER TABLE sys_workflows_rvuser_mm RENAME zzz_deleted_sys_workflows_rvuser_mm;
	ALTER TABLE tt_news RENAME zzz_deleted_tt_news;
	ALTER TABLE tt_news_cat RENAME zzz_deleted_tt_news_cat;
	ALTER TABLE tt_news_cat_mm RENAME zzz_deleted_tt_news_cat_mm;
	ALTER TABLE tt_news_related_mm RENAME zzz_deleted_tt_news_related_mm;

And it's really safe to rename them?!!? o_O
...or am I misunderstanding the output? (I'm not that well into SQL)
and there are no "DROP"s? *wondering*

Dirk