[Typo3] RealURL For Dummies?

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Fri Nov 18 15:17:08 CET 2005

My comments on all of this. After all, I think I started it all.

A-san, Amir or whatever your name is tomorrow: You are offending the entire
community by changing your name.
For this next sentence. Sorry to all nice americans. I think you should be
the ONE reason for not trying to make TYPO3 big in the states. If there are
many americans like you, it's gonna kill all the senior users. You've claim
that you spend seven months on finishing your first website. Either you are
up way over your head in features, or else you have not been working on it
many minutes a day, and most of those minutes have been spend on posting
this group for answers.

Maybe your skills just aren't ready for TYPO3. I've seen several of those in
the past. They either admit it and give up. Or the run their somewhat
"lousy" website and are pleased with what they got, knowing that that was
their first and last TYPO3 website.

You probably figured that english is also my second language. When I started
with TYPO3, there wasn't all that documentation, but hey, there were bugs
for all the missing documentation. You are very lucky in the position you
are in and should just focus on getting your website done (read: READ more,
talk less) so that you could start helping others by doing some tutorials. I
am sure you have sorted out some issues already. You could start by blogging
those or at least write them down, for others to read. I am VERY sure that
Marlies would post them on her site if you email her the documents, if they
are good and understandable. You might find your knowledge simple and
useless, but I am sure it will help someone out there.

I pretty much feel like I got under the TYPO3 skin. I took some time, much
more than I had imagined, and I gladly help others, even investigate in
things for hours, that I have no clue on why is happening, if I am sure that
the person has searched for answers in the archives and read the
documentation.

You did get a lot of people up from their chair. I begin to think about if
that's your agenda.

If I got personal, I am sorry - but I really think you did the same with
Kasper, even though he's not at all participating in this thread.

I would suggest that you started by following the rules and took some of the
(great) advices that have been stated here.

- Lars