[Typo3] Admin user with restricted access to BE Tools sub modules?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Tue Nov 15 15:24:55 CET 2005

Hi!

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> I wonder if 4.0 will treat all modules this way allowing for the grey line
> between user/admin to be more flexible...

I doubt so. At least note.text says:
-------------------
The mod/tools/ section is meant to be for admin-users ONLY (where the
admin-flag is set), so all access configurations should be set to "admin"

If you want access-minded modules for ordinary users, the mod/user
module is suggested.
- kasper

I had to "fix" TemplaVoila in "tools" to "user" once due to this. :) I
think that admins should not be limited in access to the system but it
should be possible to move "tools" modules to "user" easily. May be with
additional configuration.

Dmitry.