[Typo3] typo3.org login dropping?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Nov 12 16:37:05 CET 2005

Hi Matthew,

>> It holds the login for me but just does not show it on every page, also
>> if you change subdoamin (association.t3.org) you are not in status login
>> imho.
>
> Thats about right.

The login is remembered during the current browser session only. However,
TYPO3 does not consider the login on all pages. This is due to caching
issues:

If the login is not displayed on the top left of each page, the page is
always the same and can therefore be delivered from a proxy server.

This helps to save a LOT of server power and - you might have noticed - has
helped to speed up typo3.org a lot!

However, TYPO3 still remembers that you are logged in. Works as soon as you
click on a page that has the login mode enabled (Profile page, for example)

> This never used to happen to me, say 3+ months ago and is frustrating as
> time is precious enough as it is.

It may be that there are pages that are don't have the login mode enabled
although they should.

I suggest that you send a list of such pages to webmaster at typo3.org.

Regards, michael
--